- Serving Pre-Kindergarten through 6th Grade.
- Diverse population: Fewer than 420 students,
from more than 40 different countries, speaking more than 20 different languages.
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1916.
- Exemplary School Status.
- O. Henry Middle School and
Austin High School Vertical Team.
- Enriching special events: Learning Celebrations, Anthology, Science Fair, International Festival,
Visiting Authors, Family Curriculum Nights.
- Multilingual central library, and libraries in every classroom.
- Bilingual programs in Spanish & Korean.
- Commitment to PE, Music and Art.
- Technology program: iMac computer lab, Wireless access in every classroom, and Technology Instructor.
- 6th Grade Programs: Keyboarding, Band, Orchestra, Career Shadowing, Mentoring, Community Service.
- Active PTA which supports academic excellence for all students.
- Collaboration with businesses, universities, and the community at large.
- Mathews Fund for Excellence Endowment Fund.
- Tuition-based enrichment classes before and after school.
- Mathews Fun Club (after-hours tuition-based child care) on site.