Deadline: April 12, 2019
The Mathews Elementary School Friends for Excellence Scholarship has been established to recognize former students who have excelled in their academic endeavors, supported their family and/or community through various service projects, and/or participated in extra-curricular activities, and proven that they posses the drive to further their education.
The scholarship will be awarded based on a combination of academic performance, participation in extra-curricular, family and/or community activities, completeness of essay, and letters of recommendation. A subcommittee of the Mathews Friends for Excellence will evaluate the applicants and select a recipient.
The requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- Applicant attends and will graduate from an Austin ISD high school.
- Applicant attended Mathews Elementary for at least one year.
- Applicant has a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better at the time of the application.
- Applicant has demonstrated involvement in one or more of the following:
- extra-curricular activities
- support of family, community service based organizations
- church activities
- Applicant intends to continue his/her studies beyond high school, including but not limited to:
- university, community, or junior college
- vocational school
- Applicant submits a completed application package by the scholarship deadline. (Incomplete packages will not be considered.)
In order to be considered as a candidate, please complete the application form and submit all required documents, postmarked or electronically time-stamped, no later than April 12, 2019 to:
Mathews Elementary School, Attention Friends for Excellence Scholarship
906 West Lynn
Austin, Texas 78703
Scholarships recipients will be honored at a 6th Grade Assembly in May. The recipients will be asked to say a few words to the students and read their essays. The essays for all applicants become the property of Mathews Elementary and may be used for future publications.
Click HERE for the online application.