Please join us – volunteer during the final Maker Movement of this school year: Tuesday April 19 to Thursday April 21 (1st grade – May 10, 11, 12). All sessions will be lead by our technology teacher, Cindy Sanders, and held in the Discovery/Computer Lab. We are hoping to have 4 parents in each class to support Mrs. Sanders by assisting small groups of children with hands-on-projects.
These sessions will build on the previous Maker Movement projects and will focus on circuits, Makey Makey and possibly some computer programming. This is a great way to have fun and support your child’s learning experience on campus. Please find your child’s class in Signup Genius and sign up to come explore science and technology with our inquisitive kids.
It’s time for our Spring Book Fair. The Book Fair is the main way that the Mathews Library raises money for new books. Please consider giving an hour or more of your time to help out. It’s very easy. I’ll need helpers to be cashiers, set up and decorate, and help kids and parents with shopping.
We’re using VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming Sign-ups.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our Sign-up on VolunteerSpot:
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
The PTA Building & Grounds Spring Work day is this Saturday, April 2nd from 9 am- Noon!!
Please consider coming out and helping out for some/all of the time this Saturday morning on some very important Mathews grounds projects, including:
1) Removing & replacing mulch in Ga-Ga pit to make it safer & more fun for the kids;
2) Cleaning out back blacktop North drain so that there won’t be standing water when it rains;
3) Restoration of mulch safety cover on the South back yard playground;
4) Restoration of gravel safety cover for West Lynn playground
5) Cleaning black top for International festival
6) (if we have the people/can get to it) rehabilitation of North front lawn to improve chances of grass growing
For those volunteers who may be food-motivated, we offer: coffee, water, donuts, muffins AND Chipotle Wraps (thank you Diana McMillan!!!)
Thanks so much and email Sandy Cartwright directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you can make it. We request that you bring:
Rake/shovel/hoe/pickaxe (if you have it/them)
We also need a pickup truck to haul the dirt in the gaga pit away. Please let me know (email@example.com) if you can bring your pickup truck to assist this aspect of Saturday morning’s activities. Not for the whole 3 hours – just maybe 1.5 hours.
We will also be making stepping stones and painting! Please help us continue to improve our outdoor learning spaces!