Hello Mathews friends, families and students. Here is a look at what’s happening at Mathews in the coming weeks.
- State of Mathews Night – Thursday, May 1st – Come ask questions and lend your valuable voice as we think about Mathews’ future. Discussion leaders will help us wrestle topics like standardized testing, building and grounds, fundraising and budget, technology, and the gifted/talented curriculum. Choose a small group that interests you and delve in! Thursday, May 1st / 6:00-7:30 PM / Mathews Library / CHILD CARE WILL BE PROVIDED IN THE GYM
- Hispanic Heritage Assembly – Friday, May 2nd – 7:45am – Mathews Gym
- Clarksville Family Fun Fest – Sunday, May 4th – https://www.historicclarksville.org/
- Teacher Appreciation Week! – May 5th – 9th – Stay tuned for updates on activities from your homeroom parent.
- Kindergarten Roundup – Tuesday, May 6th
- Fine Arts Night – Thursday, May 8th! All school art show, 6th grade concert in the gym and Spaghetti Supper in the Cafeteria 5:30 – 6:15 OR 6:45 – 7:30 (two seatings) | $7 per plate includes dessert.
Hello Mathews Families! On April 17th, the PTA will hold its last general-membership meeting of the school year. Everyone is welcome to attend, and members of the PTA will vote to approve a budget and a slate of officers for next year.
If you’ve ever wanted to know more about the nuts and bolts of parent leadership at Mathews, now’s a good time to find out! Come and ask questions, offer input, cast a vote, and make your voice heard. Your participation is what makes the PTA a powerful community for supporting Mathews children!
PTA GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
THURSDAY, APRIL 17, AT 7:45 AM
Help the PTA raise thousands of dollars for Mathews without it costing you a penny!
Please consider buying HEB and Central Market grocery gift cards from the PTA. For every $100 you spend, you get $100 of groceries and Mathews gets $4. You can help us meet our goal of $3,600 for much needed digital projectors and other technology updates. Learn more about this program.
You may subscribe to buy a set amount each month by check or bank draft, or purchase cards at evening PTA events at school. There will be a sign-up table located in the entry of the school on Friday September 26th, October 3rd and 10th.
Stop by for more information, or e-mail Elizabeth Breston or call (512) 892-5497.