This is it, the last day of the 2014-015 school year at Mathews. What an amazing year at our favorite school. Here are some pictures that made us smile this year. Have a safe and fun summer and stay weird and reading!
Hello Mathews Families and Community,
What an amazing weekend at Mathews, this year’s Octoberama was the best one yet! So many smiling faces, wonderful music, joyful sounds and delicious food, amazing auction items, generous donors and happy kids. It was awesome.
-Our Octoberama Co-Chairs, Courtney Power-Freeman and Alix Teleki – they did an amazing job and put in so many hours of work to make this event so successful. If you see them in the hallways – a big hug, high five or thank you would definitely be appropriate.
– All our Octoberama Sponsors (pictured right) and Silent Auction donators! These folks went out of their way to support Mathews and our technology fund, let’s support them throughout the year.
– Our volunteers! Whether you helped setup, clean up, worked a booth, donated an item or just had fun – we appreciate all YOU do to make Octoberama and our school so special.
– The Octoberama Musicians! What a great lineup this year, y’all sounded great! Here is a special video of the official The Octoberama Song by Mathews own, Monte Warden & Family.
Here are some of our favorite photos from Octoberama (Thanks, Jennifer Binford & Andrea Yz!) Feel free to send us your favorite pictures from the event here and we’ll add them to the gallery.
The first school day of the 2014 – 2015 school year is this Monday, August 25th! We are putting the final touches on everything and can’t wait to have the halls filled again with our students, teachers and families!
First day reminders:
– NO parking in front of the School between 7a-8a & 2p-3p each and every day school is open. Questions on parking, drop off, or pick up? Go here.
*New for 2014-2015: We can no longer open the back gate at any time of the day. All entry and exits, which includes drop off and pick up of students must occur through the front doors of Mathews.
– Cheers & Tears for Kindergarten Parents – Stop by after dropping off your little one and share this milestone with other Mathews families.
– PTA Meeting @ 8am in the Library – All are Welcome! Stop by after dropping off your student and learn about what’s in store for this school year. We are eager to see new faces and hear new voices.
See everyone on Monday!