Mathews Octoberama is THE event of the school year ! It is also host to our annual Silent Auction Fundraiser and is now the official opening of “Great Gatherings” for the 2014-2015 school year.
The auction raises up to $15,000 each year for school programs! WOW!
- If you have a business, or you make crafts, or you have a special skill, you have a great contribution to share! Just fill out a 2014 Octoberama Auction partners request for donation form and return to the office or email Renae Alsobrook the information.
- If you have an idea, but you aren’t sure if it’s right for the auction, just shoot Renae Alsobrook an email to ask. (Hint: She will always say YES!)
- Ask your friends, or your boss, or anyone else you know who offers goods or services, to make a small contribution.
- When you patronize an area restaurant, salon, or shop, ask them to donate a modest gift certificate.
- Coordinate with a friend or two to host a Great Gathering — an event, party, lesson or unique experience open to the Mathews community.
What is a Great Gathering? Mathews Great Gatherings are events, parties, lessons or unique experiences donated and hosted by members of the Mathews community. They are open to parents, students, teachers and staff or, in some cases, all and are wonderful opportunities that act as both a fundraiser and community builder. Gatherings bring our community members together throughout the school year in smaller, casual settings.
Thinking of hosting a gathering?
Hosting a Gathering means you (and maybe some friends?) are hosting an open event for members of the Mathews community. You come up with the concept, the date, the location, the cost and a display for the silent auction at Octoberama to help “sell” your gathering.
• Browse Great Gatherings ideas for inspiration on our Great Gathering webpage
• Deadline for Hosting Sign up is October 10th. Our online form make hosting a new gathering a snap!
• Please keep other school events and holidays in mind when you are picking a date for your event. Check the Mathews PTA calendar for important upcoming school dates
• Events can be held October 20, 2014 – Aug 31, 2015. Dates are “reserved” on a first-come, first served basis. We try our best to spread out, but there may be more than one event on a given day.
Great Gathering 2014-2015 Events
Breakfast Tacos 101
Join Authors & Taco Journalists, Jarod Neece& Mando Rayo on a breakfast taco tour of Austin.
Hosts: Jarod Neece & Mando Rayo
Cost: $20/per adult $10 per kid / 10 spots maximum; 4 spots Minimum.
Many More TBA!