Austin ISD Pre-K offers a nurturing, challenging environment to help children develop the skills they need to succeed throughout their school career. Pre-K years are a period of rapid growth for a child, and the key concepts they develop in the Pre-K classroom directly correlate to their future academic success.
Eligibility for District-supported Pre-K
This free Austin ISD Pre-K program serves children who turn 4 by Sept. 1 of the current school year AND:
- have limited English proficiency, or
- qualify for free and reduced-cost lunch, or
- a child of active military parent, or
- a child of a parent who was injured or killed during active military duty, or
- who have been in the care of the Department of Family and Protective Services, or
- who are homeless or
- are the child of a person who received the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, a firefighter or an emergency medical first responder.
Children who are four years old on or before September 1st of the current school year and who do not qualify for the free Pre-K program are eligible to enroll in the tuition supported Pre-K. Full details on the AISD Pre-K program can be found on the districts website HERE.
For questions about Pre-K, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-414-PreK.
AISD typically provides our Campus with application packets around mid December. Completed applications can be returned to our campus in early January as soon as the office is open after the holiday break. To find out more about the process and when you can pick up and return your application, please contact our Registrar – email@example.com (512) 414-7155
When registering your child, please bring the following:
- Proof of birth
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Current proof of income
- Current proof of residence
- Parent/guardian picture ID
Extended care is tuition based and provided from 2:00pm to 2:55pm each school day. Children are offered an enjoyable afternoon of supervised free play and hands-on activities.
Registration for Pre-K Extended Day is $5 and will begin in August 2018. The monthly tuition is $40. Please contact Mary Sullivan at (512)414-0907 or firstname.lastname@example.org for payment and questions.