The AISD PreKindergarten Fall Registration for the 2017-18 school year began on April 3rd, 2017.
The Austin ISD PreK program offers children hands-on, purposeful opportunities for learning and will build a firm foundation for educational success.
Free PreKindergarten: Star of Texas Award Eligibility Criterion – A child is eligible for free prekindergarten if they are four years old on or before September 1,2017 and meets one of the seven criteria listed below.
1. is unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
2. is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student who is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program);
3. is homeless;
4. is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States;
5. is the child of a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while on active duty;
6. is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
7. is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
* a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
* a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
* an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
When registering your child, please bring the following:
- Proof of birth
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Current proof of income
- Current proof of residence
- Parent/guardian picture ID
For all other inquiries and waitlist, please contact Diana Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended Day care is tuition based and provided from 2:00pm to 2:55pm each school day. Children are offered an enjoyable afternoon of supervised free play and hands-on activities.
Registration for Pre-K Extended Day is $5 and will begin in August 2017
The monthly tuition is $35. Please contact Mary Sullivan, Director, at (512)414-0907 or email@example.com for payment and questions.