Welcome to our Digital Wednesday Folder page! This page is updated once per week by Susan McCleary in the office; please check it every Wednesday afternoon for the latest important information. If you have a flyer or other information you need to disseminate please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 5 – September 17-21, 2018
- Flu Shot Clinic – There is still time to register online for our voluntary flu shot clinic. The clinic will be held on Friday, October 19th at Mathews. You must give consent by registering online in advance: Flu Shot Online Registration.
- Mathews Choir Registration Open – Interested in joining our 3rd-6th grade choir, more info and online registration HERE.
- Austin High Vertical Team Night – Mathews families, join us Friday evening September 28th at House Park Field to experience a Friday night full of football, band, cheer, dance and school spirit! Mathews students get into the football game free if they wear a Mathews shirt! More info HERE.
- Join Mathews PTA – Please consider joining our amazing PTA. Family dues are only $20 per year. To learn more about the programs and initiatives the PTA sponsors and to join online click HERE.
- Join Cub Scouts – Learn more about our Cub Scout Pack for Kinder through 3rd Graders at our information mtg Wednesday 9/26 @ 5:30pm in the Mathews Library.
- Concert & Picnic in the Park – OWANA is hosting a concert in the West Austin Neighborhood Park this Friday evening from 5:30-7:30pm. Live music by Colin Gilmore. Food available for purchase from Stacked Sliders food truck. More info HERE.
Week 4 – September 10-14, 2018
- Tonight is back to School Night for 3-6th grade! Please note, Mathews does not provide childcare during our Back to School Nights. While this is intended to be a parent-focused event, if you need to bring your child(ren) with you they just need to stay with you during the event. They can not be unsupervised; we do not have staff on duty to ensure their safety. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to seeing you all there.
- Flu shot permission slips are going home with the students today. You can fill out the paper form or register online at Flu Shot Online Registration. Please register online or return the forms by September 14. The flu clinic will be held on Friday, October 19th. The clinic is completely voluntary and parental consent must be given before a student will be given the flu shot. We thank you for your cooperation.
- School Cash Online Class Fees. If you are able to, please pay your class fees as soon as possible. These fees are intended to pay for T-shirts, class trips, etc. The sooner the teachers have the funds the sooner they can order, plan and pay for the field trips and Tshirts. austinisd.schoolcashonline.com
- Groundwork Music Project still has space in their after school ukulele class that meets on Thursdays. Register online HERE.
- Octoberama is coming up on October 27, 2018! Flyer with the details is HERE.
- Please make every effort to have your child at school on time each school day. Students need to be inside their classroom by 7:40 am each day.
Have a great week!
Week 3 – September 3-7, 2018
I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!
- Back to School Nights are coming up on Sept 11th and 12th! Please note, Mathews does not provide childcare during our Back to School Nights. While this is intended to be a parent-focused event, if you need to bring your child(ren) with you they just need to stay with you during the event. They can not be unsupervised. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to seeing you all there!
- School Cash Online – as a reminder, we are using School Cash Online for school payments. Our school and the district are moving towards becoming paperless and cashless. This saves the school valuable resources and funds. Thank you for your cooperation in making this transition. If you need assistance in setting up your account please contact the office and we will be happy to help.
- Donations – New this year, we have created entries on School Cash Online for donations. These donations are completely optional, you can donate as much or as little as you would like. These school donations help to cover everything from snacks for the students, supplies, technology, learning and enrichment opportunities. Each year we have different needs that are covered by donations. We appreciate any and all help! Thank you Mathews Community!
- Lost and Found – We have the designated bins in the hallway in front of the office window as s space to a place forgotten lunches, backpacks, etc. If anything is forgotten, please place the item in the bin and then contact your student’s teacher via email to notify the student that their item is in the bin and then the student can retrieve it.
- Octoberama Sponsorship & Silent Auction Opportunities – The Octoberama committee is busy working on our beloved event and look forward to October 27th! In the meantime, we’re actively seeking parents or businesses that are interested in sponsoring the event or donating items for our silent auction. Silent auction donations can include products, services, experiences, artwork, vacation rentals, etc. Perhaps you would like to donate items as a family and include the kids! Or if you own a small business, advertise to hundreds of potential patrons by donating an item, and we will attach your business card and/or logo to the signage. If interested silent auction donations, please contact Darcy by September 26th. If interested in sponsorship donations, please contact Sarah by October 5th. Sponsorships: Sarah Thomas, sarahlawrencethomas@
gmail.com Silent Auction: Darcy Ahmed, email@example.com
Week 2 – August 27-31, 2018
Hi Parents! Welcome to the second week of school! We are getting settled in for a great year!
- Please remember to hug and go in the morning. We know the transitions at the beginning of the year are tough, but if you can help keep the halls and cafeteria clear in the mornings that would help us ensure the safety of all students. We thank you for your cooperation.
- Starting next week we will provide a space to a place forgotten lunches, backpacks, etc. There will be a shelf with bins right outside of the office. If anything is forgotten, please place the item in the bin and then contact your student’s teacher via email to notify the student that their item is in the bin and then the student can retrieve it.
- Many of the After School Enrichment programs will start next week! Here is the schedule and contact information for the different programs offered by Mathews. Fall 2018 Enrichment Schedule
Week 1 – August 20-24, 2018
Hello Parents! Welcome to the 2018/2019 School year at Mathews! This week we had a paper folder and we are also posting things online. All other weeks will be located here.
Parents, please remember to hug and go in the morning. The number of parents that have been in the hallway and cafeteria in the morning has made the transition to the classrooms challenging for our youngest students.
District Information Forms