Week 34 – May 2, 2018
Teacher Appreciation week is next week, May 7-11th. Look for information from your Home Room Parent!
Sprit Week is also next week, May 7-11th. Have some fun with these dress up themes each day! Flyer with the details here: Spirit Week
Octoberama 2018 Meet Up Join fellow Mathews Parents on Monday May 7th at the West Austin Park at 3:00pm (after school). Please join us if your interested in being a part of the committee, volunteering or you would just like to contribute your thoughts and ideas. We’ll have drinks and snacks. Kids are welcome. Questions contact Molly at: email@example.com or text: 512-496-9857
Waller Creek Conservancy Field Day at Palm Park on May 12th. Flyer with the details here: Field Day
Women’s Resource Fair Saturday May 5th. Flyer with the details here: Women’s Resource Fair
Week 33 – April 25, 2018
- We’re in our final week of fundraising for our Annual Fund and we have not yet met our goal to raise $30,000 in 30 days. Please consider donating whatever amount feels good for you. No amount is too small or too big! Every child at Mathews benefits from the funds raised! Donate online HERE.
- To celebrate the end of this year’s fundraising effort, we are partnering with local restaurants and hope you’ll come out to enjoy a great meal, see friends, and raise some extra money for our school at the same time. Flyer with the details HERE.
- Sunday 4/29 Austin Pizza Garden from 11am to 10pm will be donating 15% of sales.
- Monday 4/30 from 5-8pm both Zocalo and Galaxy Cafe will be donating 10% of sales.
- This Friday 4/27 Please do not Park in Front of the School in the morning!
- School Wide Assembly- Mazilla Unveiling! – 7:50 am on the Front Lawn
- Hall of Honor – 8:45-10:00 am – Cafeteria/Library
Week 31- April 11, 2018
- The International Festival is this Friday!
- International Festival Potluck Starts at 5:00p
- International Parade Starts at 6:00p
- Upcoming! Mathews Talent Show- May 8th 6-8p!
Week 31- April 11, 2018
- We are starting the 30X30 fundraiser for Mathews. We want to raise $30K in 30 days for our Annual Fund.
- There will be hard copies of the 30X30 donation form in your class Wed Folder today.
- You can also donate online at https://www.mathews360.com/fundraising/annual-fund/
Week 30 – April 4, 2018
- Mix it Up Day! – Friday, April 6th Mix it Up Day Flyer
Week 29 – March 28 2018
Hard Copies of the school picture form and multiple other flyers went home in the school Wed Folder.
- March 30, Friday – No School for Students!
- April 2, Monday – Spring Pictures are on Monday. Parent Volunteers needed at 7a. Please contact Susan McCleary.
- April 3, Tuesday – Pre-K Orientation at 2p-5p and Kinder Orientation from 12:30-1:30p.
Week 28 – March 21 2018
Upcoming: Tues, March 27, 2018 5th Grade parent meeting.
Upcoming: Monday, April 2, 2018 – Spring Group Pictures!
Week 27 – March 7 2018
- Friday is Pajama Day!!! Yay!
- Mathew’s is starting a new camp that will take place the first two week in June. This camp will have many enrichment and fun activities lead by Mathews teachers. Class descriptions are up now. Registrations will open on Monday, March 19th. Find more information on the Camp Zilla Website.
- Mark your calender’s! Tuesday, March 27th will be the 5th grade parent meeting. There are exciting things happening next year for 6th grade!!!
- Be sure to sign up for the next session of the after-school enrichment programs.
Week 26- Feb 28 2018
- Field Day is this Friday! Here is the flyer field day 2018.
- The commitment forms went home in today’s class folder. Please fill it out and return it or respond to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org. The for can be found here Commitment Form.
- Upcoming – The International Festival is right around the corner on April 20th! Please fill out and return the flyer that can be found here. International Festival Flyer.
- Thurs, March 1 is 3rd – 5th Grade Vision and Hearing Screening
Week 25- Feb 21 2018
The Most Magnificent Day of Steam is this Friday!
Upcoming- March 2nd is Field Day
Information for Field Day can be found here field day 2018.
Second sessions for Afterschool Enrichment are starting soon.
Week 21- Jan. 24 2018
We have a goal of 100% online registration completion. The first class to register 100% get’s a pizza party. If you have any questions regarding your registration please give Julie Salazar, registrar for Mathews a call at 512-414-7155.
Week 19 – Jan. 10 2018
January cafeteria menu HERE.
Please join us this Friday, Jan. 12th in the library after assembly for this month’s Principal coffee, and a presentation from O’Henry Middle School’s Principal.
Registration for the 2018-2019 school year is now open. Log into your AISD parent cloud account to register HERE.
After School Enrichment Fair in the library this Thurs Jan 11th from 3-5pm. Contact Susan McCleary for details: email@example.com
MLK Celebration Jan 12. Details HERE.
String Camp for 4th & 5th graders Jan 20th. More info and registration form HERE.
Reduce Inner & Outer Conflict at Schools. A practical talk with Kelvin Chin Jan 21st. Details HERE.
Week 15 – Nov. 29 2017
Join us for our Mathews meeting in the library on Friday December 1st at 8am.
Holiday shoppers, please remember to click our Amazon link that you can find on this page on the right hand side, below “Wednesday Folder”. The internet cookie is saved for 24hours, so you need to click the link each day you are shopping. Mathews PTA gets 5-10% back from most purchases, especially toys, books, games, board games, etc. So, click, click, CLICK!
December 2017 Lunch Menu HERE.
Week 13 – Nov. 15 2017
Join us for our monthly PTA meeting in the library on Wednesday, Nov. 15th in the library at 6pm.
Please join our Thanksgiving meal this Thursday, Nov. 16th, 10:30a-12:30p, during your child’s regular lunch schedule. Cost is $3.50 per family member. Check out our flyer HERE.
With the Holidays approaching, please remember to click our Amazon link that you can find on this page on the right hand side, below “Wednesday Folder”. The internet cookie is saved for 24hours, so you need to click the link each new day you are shopping. Mathews PTA gets 5-10% back from most purchases, especially toys, books, games, board games, etc. So, click, click, CLICK!
Week 12 – Nov. 8 2017
Please join our Thanksgiving meal on November 16th, 10:30a-12:30p, during your child’s regular lunch schedule. Cost is $3.50 per family member. Full details and menu HERE.
November Lunch Menu HERE.
Week 11- Nov. 1 2017
Octoberama Wrap Up – Octoberama 2017 is wrapped and we are thrilled to report we exceeded our fundraising goal of $40,000! Huge thank you to all of our amazing sponsors and to all of YOU for pitching in and attending the event! We also want to recognize the Octoberama committee for putting together an incredible carnival experience for our children and community! It takes a village and it was a pleasure to work with all of these parent volunteers.
Week 10 – Oct. 25 2017
Week 9 – Oct. 18 2017
Reminder! Picture Day is this Friday, October 20th. Extra order forms are in the front office.
Back the Bond Night Bash — Wednesday, October 18th. Flyer HERE.
AISD Bond Election – More information HERE.
Week 8 – Oct. 11 2017
Picture Day is Friday, October 20th. Look for an order form in your child’s Wednesday take home folder today.
Reminder to check out the Octoberama Silent Auction HERE. This is your last chance to bid on our featured items for this week, a pair of Austin City Limits Tickets for Weekend 2 and a pair of Formula 1 tickets. These items will close on Wednesday, October 11th at 5pm.
30th Annual Monster Concert and Carnival is coming up on October 21st. Flyer HERE.
Week 7 – Oct. 4 2017
**The Octoberama Silent Auction is live!** Please click HERE to begin bidding on exciting items, including local restaurant giftcards, children’s birthday packages, massages, ACL and Formula 1 tickets, Disneyland passes, vacation rentals, exercise items, and much more! You can browse our various categories HERE.
We are still accepting donations for the silent auction through October 13th.
We need parent volunteers for ALL Octoberama booths!! Sign up now to help in your teacher’s booth! https://mespta.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteer/8549 . You MUST be signed up in our directory first: https://www.mathews360.com/about/directory/
The 5th grade classes will be presenting performances of “Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr.”, on Thursday, Nov. 9th (6:30pm) and Friday, Nov. 10th (8:30am). Full details HERE.
Week 6 – Sept.27 2017
“Catch The Spirit of Kindness” Family Night is this Thursday, Sept. 28th, 6-7pm. We hope to see you there! Please check out the FLYER for a list of activities. You may chat with Mrs English or Mrs Plyler to see how you can help beforehand.
Calling all parent volunteers for Octoberama booths!! Sign up now to help in your teacher’s booth! https://octoberama.com/news
Mrs Goode’s Music Choir will start on Wednesday, October 11th after school for grades 3rd-6th. There are still spots available. Please find participation flyer and payment info HERE. If you have signed up, please go online to pay: https://austinisd.schoolcashonline.com
**Reminder** Mathews Spirit Day at Austin Pizza Garden is this Sunday, October 1st from 11am-10pm. 15% of sales will be donated back to the Mathews PTA! Mathews families will meet at 5pm. More info HERE.
AISD Flu shot clinic, on October 11th at Mathews, please look HERE
Austin High Tennis team for children 10 and under, more info HERE
Week 5 – Sept.20 2017
The Octoberama committee is asking that each child donate $5-$10 to cover the costs of repairing class booth games, games supplies, and any additional prizes that may need to be purchased for Octoberama. Please place your donation inside the donation box labeled “Class Booth Donations” in the front office. Thank you!
Week 4 – Sept.13 2017
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT is this Thursday, September 14th, 6-7pm, grades K-6th.
Mrs Goode’s Music Choir will start on Wednesday, October 11th after school for grades 3rd-6th. Please find participation flyer and payment info HERE.
Octoberama, our annual Fall Carnival set for Saturday, October 28th, 11a-3p. Flyer with more details HERE.
Week 3 – Sept.6 2017
Back To School night is Thursday, September 14th, 6-7pm, grades K-6th.
Please check out the various Fall after-school enrichment programs offered at Mathews, starting next week of September 11th. Enroll now, click HERE for more info.
A new after school care program, Promiseland Explorers, is available this year, please check their flyer: HERE
Fairy Tale Theater starts Tuesday, September 19th. Registration acceptances will be sent home in your child’s Wednesday Folder or by email on September 13th. If your child is interested in joining this amazing program led by Mr. Rackowitz, please check out the schedule and here : FAIRY-TALE-THEATER-AFTER-SCHOOL-PROGRAM-Fall-2017
Week 2 – Aug.30 2017
Please check our Parent-Student handbook
AISD Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response (Eng/Spa)
AISD Pest Control Management (Eng/Spa)
Week 1 – Aug.23 2017
Please print, sign and return to office or teacher Parent Involvement – Paticipacion de los Padres